Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chess book

When I thought about starting this blog, I promised myself that I’ll post daily, no matter what. I find this a very challenging thing. Mainly because nothing much happens in 24 hrs that you think will interest your readers. But I remember when we had medschooldiary.net how much I enjoyed reading whatever other pre-meds posted. They might not think it was important or interesting, but I loved it. For that reason, I’ll try to post daily, and see how boring it turns out to be J
Monday I’ll start my summer classes, so I have 6 more days to enjoy. I’m reading a chess book called “Chess for Beginners” by I.A. Horowitz. I used to play a little chess back in the days, but I haven’t played it in years, so I’m trying to re-learn it. I remember all the rules, but I forgot all the tricks. They say Chess makes you keep your brain sharp, so I need that to compete with all the young pre-meds J. Hopefully I’ll finish it in a couple of days. I signed up with chess.com for a free account. They let you play against a computer or other players. I also tried yahoo games, but I like chess.com better. So, I’m planning on practicing daily to get good at it, but all depends on my school schedule.

I’m also working hard on the Twitter thing. I’m new to it, and trying to make sense of it all. I try to keep it as updated as possible. That’s another challenge, but I’m getting better and better every day.
That’s all for now !

No comments:

Post a Comment