Friday, July 13, 2012

So, I was checking my favorite website SDN, when my iPhone made a kind buzz indicating that I got a new e-mail. It was from our Pre-Med adviser. He was informing us that there are changes to the MCAT. The writing sample will be eliminated effective January 2013 (Last time the writing sample will be administered is September 2012).
Of course, I heard that before, but I didn't realize that it will affect me, since I was planning on taking the MCAT last April. Now, I have to take it in April 2013, since my graduation was pushed back 1 year. So, to me, that was news. I was so happy, and very excited. You ask why. Well, for starters, I cannot spell (Damn you Microsoft Office). I don't know what happened to me, but gradually and surely, I started loosing command of how I spell. Plus, English is my second language, which makes things a lot harder, if you wanna be writing a competitive essay. The second reason, I cannot type, for the life of me. I'm 35. I've been using computers for years. But I was always looking at the keyboard whenever I'm trying to type something. Every time I go to the computer lab at school, and see how fast them kids type, I get blown away. Every single time. A few months ago, I decided that I want to learn typing. So, I bought a typing software. I think it's called Mavis, or something like that. I tried it for a couple of days. I kept getting frustrated, but at least I learned the position of every key. Now I can type, but my speed is so low. I'm trying to get faster, but I cannot use the software. It's too boring. So, for now I'm good since I don't have to worry about typing essays on the MCAT. Oh Yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment